|Our mission is to provide a family atmosphere which will allow members of our community to learn to their utmost potential, in a warm, supportive environment. We, the unified Heuvelton community, are dedicated to developing the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for our students to be successful, contributing members of our society.|
In October of 1822, a one story stone house was constructed and served as the local school until 1874. This stone school house appears to have been built sometime prior to 1837. In 1852 the school house burned. It was rebuilt and remained there until 1874 when a large two story frame building known as Union Free School of Heuvelton was built. This frame building was sold at public auction on May 15, 1954 with the condition that it had to be razed by August 15, 1954.
Stone School House
Union Free School
A third bond issue was passed on April 17, 1964 for additions to the school building and the construction of a school bus garage. The garage was finished by mid-winter of 1965 and the new school addition was used in the fall of 1965. The annual Christmas concert of that year was the first public use of the new auditorium.
Heuvelton Central School - 2009